1. Arius, the first fighter against God: Anathema!
2. Wulfila the semi-Arian, Nestorius, Macedonius who say that Trinity suffered and Ualentin: Anathema!
3. Gnafens Peter, who said: “Holy immortal whom has been crucified for us”: Anathema!
4. Paul of Samosata and Teodotion: Anathema!
5. Petros Dileos called Liko Peter, Eutychian and Sabellius: Anathema!
6. Jacob the Armenian, Dioscorus of Alexandria and Severus, Sergius, Paul and Pyrrhus, with Sergius’ the disciple of Peter Liko: Anathema!
7. Origenists and those along with them: Anathema!
8. The fallen and the anticanonical patriarchs denying the Fourth Ecumenical Synod, Karekin II of Armenia, Pope Tawadros II of Alexandria the Coptic Patriarch, Abune Mathias of Ethiopia, Ignatius Ephrem II of the Syrian-Jacobites, Baselios Thomas of the Malabarians – Indians, who mistakenly call themselves “orthodox” and those who are in communion with them: Anathema!
9. Those who deny the Holy Ecumenical Synods, IV, V and VI, monophysites, monothelites and monenergists: Anathema!
10. Eutychianizers, Jacobites and Argiburites: Anathema!
11. The frightening assembly against the venerable icons: Anathema!
12. Those who deny the Holy VII Ecumenical Council, those who do not worship our Lord Jesus Christ, in the icon depicted after His human nature: Anathema!
13. Barlaam of Kalabria, Gregory Achindin, Prochoros of Kidoniei, Nikifor Grigoras, Gherghios Lapithis and their successors: Anathema!
14. Those who teach the neo-Varlaamist heresy; which teach that the Grace of God is created instead of uncreated: Anathema!
15. The blasphemer of Christ, Francis of Assisi with all the papists’ liar-saints: Anathema!
16. The baseless heresiarch Pope Francis I of the old Rome, who has fallen according to the Canons, and those who are in communion with him: Anathema!
17. Those who teach that the Orthodox Church is a “sister Church” of the Roman-Catholic congregation and other heresies: Anathema!
18. Martin Luther, John Calvin, Ulrich Zwigli, Henry VIII, the ungodliness king, and those assembled together with them and all branches of the Protestants: Anathema!
19. The heresiarch of the religious congregation of Anglicanism, Justin Welby, and those who are in communion with him: Anathema!
21. Those who deny and defame the Mother of God, the Trinity one in essence and undivided, rabbis of Judaism, Islamists and members of the “Watchtower” society of Jehovah’s pseudo-Witnesses: Anathema!
21. Those who defame the sacraments of the Church; Baptists, Adventists, Methodists and Pentecostalists and all branches of the neo-protestant congregations: Anathema!
22. To those who preach and teach inter-Christian ecumenism and inter-religious pan-heresy: Anathema!
23. Those who preach and teach the post-patristic and post-canonical heresy, who say that the teachings of the Fathers are obsolete: Anathema!
24. Those who deny the Eighth and Ninth Ecumenical Councils, from the time of St. Photios the Great and St. Gregory Palamas, Papal-Filioquists: Anathema!
25. The so-called “World Council of Churches” (of heresies) which teaches that each Protestant branch is part of the Church of Christ and those who take part in common prayers in the blasphemy and transgression of the Canons, the so-called ” Week of Prayer for Christian unity in January” considering the heretics as “brothers in Christ” Anathema!
26. The Toronto Declaration (1950), the Agreements of Balamand (1993) and Chambesy (1994) in which anti-Chalcedonians falsely recognized as orthodox, and the texts from Porto Alegre (1997) and Busan (2013): Anathema!
27. Those who teach that the Church includes all confessions that have departed from Her as “deficient churches” and those who say that there are Holy Sacraments, saving Grace and holiness outside the Orthodox Church, the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic: Anathema!
28. Those who teach that the Ecumenical Patriarch is “primus sine paribus” i.e. the first without equals: Anathema!
29. The heretical texts of the ecumenist pseudo-synod of Crete in June 2016, called “Holy and Great Council of the Orthodox Church” and those who receive them and put them into practice, texts which:
– Enshrine the so-called “restoration of Christian unity” and the historical name of churches for heretics;
– Enshrine the so-called “World Council of Churches” as a basis for dialogue with heretics – dogmatic minimalism;
– Enshrine the Toronto Declaration, which states that there are members of the church outside the walls of the Orthodox Church and that the Church of Christ is more than a confession of every member of the so-called “World Council of Churches’ in part;
– Enshrine mixed-marriages (with heretics) through the false stewardship;
– Enshrine Ziziulas Ionannis’s concept about the “human person”:
30. The heresy of the papal primacy and any other form of papism or semi-papism introduced into the Orthodox synodial collegiality system (which originates in the same way the Apostles gathered fraternally in the Synod of Jerusalem), heresy proliferated today especially by the Patriarchate of Constantinople, Anathema!
31. Theosophists, Mormons, Masons, Rosicrucians, Scientologists, Sergians, Gnostics, Neo-Marxists: Anatema!
32. Heretical theology “Primus sine paribus” expressed in the anti-canonical “Tomos of Autocephaly” granted by the Patriarchate of Constantinople to the schismatic Ukrainian construct of Epiphany Dumenko and his pseudo-synod, Anathema! Tomos of Autocephaly, Anathema! To Epiphany Dumenko and his pseudo-synod, Anathema!
33. The heretical confessions held responsible to patriarch Cyril Lucaris
34. All heretics: Anathema!
This Sunday is called the “Sunday of the Triumph of Orthodoxy (Orthodoxy – right worship and glorifying of God) over all heresies; which are wrong opinions of demonic inspiration in collaboration with the pride and self-opinion of some Christians (even patriarchs, popes, synods, priests, monks or believers) who have distorted and altered the meaning of the Faith as revealed by God through His prophets and miracles and especially through the coming into the world of His Son, Jesus Christ, the God-Man and the Holy Spirit who founded His Church. The purpose of God’s revelations are for man to understand where he comes from, where he is going, what he must believe in, and what he must do to save his soul. The moment that the correct meanings revealed by God change, then man begins to walk in the wrong direction, which no longer leads him to the salvation of the soul but to his perdition.
The human mind is infested with passions, blindness, lack of clarity and correct perception of things of this life and especially of the spiritual life. Man becomes mentally ill because of misconceptions about life and the world, which do not come from divine revelation, or which come from a poorly transmitted or altered revelation. Heresy is blasphemy against God.
Many ask the legitimate question, how do we know that the divine revelation is kept in the Orthodox Church?
God revealed the way to Him from the first peoples, to Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and the 12 Patriarchs of the Hebrews. God then revealed Himself to Moses in the unburnt bush in the wilderness of Sinai, the bush that was burning but was never consumed by the flames. And these divine revelations always had messages in contradiction with the “gods of the Gentiles” (called demons by the psalmist David). These are called false gods and idols, from whom the people of Israel were protected by distinct separation from all that was not revealed by God.
The Old Testament is full of divine revelations that confirm the New Testament. The New Testament naturally confirms the Church and is confirmed by the Church and teachings of the Holy Fathers, who have the same enlightenment as the Prophets and the Apostles. The Church of Christ, that is the Holy Spirit in the Church, used and continues to use this method as in the Old Testament to separate the idolaters and those with heretical opinions from the Church so as not to infect the whole body of the Church with false beliefs. The Saints used anathemas to cut off heresies and those who teach them from the Body of the Church; it is an alarm signal that they are outside divine revelation and salvation, and must return to the Truth.
The anathema is the greatest proof of God’s love for those caught in heresy because it gives them a warning. It is like the nervous system of the human body, using pain as an alarm signal. The word ANATHEMA does not mean a curse but means “outside the borders of the Truth, of the Church.” The proclamation of anathemas by the clergy and believers that warns of these heresies, acts as a cure of this disease of the mind, and re-establishes strength in the Orthodox soul. It also awakens the conscience of the heretics to their heresy and prompts a return to the Church. The Holy Apostle Paul calls heresy “turning of the Truth of God into a lie.” Anathema is neither hatred, nor curse, nor insult or contempt, nor slander, but it is God’s medicine for fallen humanity for the sin of changing the revealed Truth. Anathema means that those ideas and persons are outside the boundaries of the Church. Anathema has a pedagogical role for Orthodox Christians to clearly demarcate between the revealed divine Truth and the falsehood of human ideas called heresies or human opinions not based on revelation.
This post is also available in: Română (Romanian) Ελληνικα (Greek)